Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Cottage Love #60 - Spring updates

As most of you know, I am not afraid to wear or use color in my projects. I always balance any saturated color and repeated pattern designs with quiet neutrals. This creates a sense of calm and cohesion throughout a home. I came across this adorable home in Better Homes and Gardens and just had to share it! Designer Amanda Reynal created a cozy cottage feel filled with graphic moments and plenty of charm for her childhood friend. I've also shared my tips and tricks for updating and refreshing your home for the Spring. 

 Ten ways to update your home this Spring

1. Give your walls a fresh coat of paint. Don't be afraid to add a splash of color to a small space such as an entry or powder room.
2. Switch out tired and "typical" light fixtures. New light fixtures are a wonderful way to introduce a new look into your home.
3. Purchase new bedding for your bedroom. Nothing says Spring like crisp new bedding! This small change is a real treat.
4. Bring beautiful flowers indoors and create arrangements around your home.
5. Clean!! Toss and donate old, outdated objects, furniture and rugs. 
7. Add wallpaper! There are tons of amazing patterns and prints available. I love what a transformation wallpaper makes!
8. Lacquer a small piece of furniture in a bright pop color.
9. Purchase some new pillows for your living and family room.
10. Rearrange your furniture and display new accessories.






1 comment:

karen said...

In my humble opinion , nothing can be a cottage.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails